Friday 12 August 2011

Tanjung Piai

Tanjung Piai is the southernmost tip of mainland Asia. It doesn't seem to be publicised anywhere, I just saw it on a wiki page somewhere. I'd also read about a campsite here and wanted to come and have a look.

This is the entrance to Tanjung Piai national park
And this is it. This is on a concrete platform out over the water.

There are a lot of tankers out here. At night the horizon is filled with the lights of Singapore's industrial side, and these guys. 

Dodgy walkway through the mangroves

Monkeys!

Canals built everywhere here.

Some rural Malaysia!

I scared this guy off.

This is where I'm staying. 128RM ($40AU) to stay out here over the water. It's expensive and over my budget, but it has a flushing toilet and I have a cold and didn't want to deal with anything else. I'm in a room right at the end away from everyone else.

This is just next to the Hotel/Resort


No comments:

Post a Comment